Monday, July 6, 2009

A chinese rejection slip

I have been reading a book called A Writer's Commonplace Book by Rosemary Friedman. This is a book of quotes written by authors on how to write. I think this would be a marvelous rejection to get either on a paper that needs more work or a book I want published. (Most first time authors are rejected several times before they get published)
We have read your manuscript with boundless delight. If we were to publish your paper, it would be impossible for us to publish any work of a lower standard. And as it is unthinkable that in the next thousand years we shall see its equal we are to our regret compelled to return your divine composition and beg you a thousand times to overlook our short sight and timidity.
If I were to get a rejection slip like this, I'd have to frame it and smile every time my eyes glanced at it in my wanderings around the house.

1 comment:

  1. This would be an awesome rejection letter. If only they were all this good...

    ReplyDelete